Monday, June 21, 2010

To the Fathers...

I think it is only appropriate to dedicate this post to the fathers in my life.
To my Grandfather. He can pull the year my great aunt got a new cadillac or my mom was in the hospital out of nowhere. He has a memory better than all of us youngin's. He is the rock of the family and I am scared to see what would happen after he is gone.
To my Father. He has had one of the saddest lives I have ever heard about, yet you never would hear it from him. How he could learn to be an amazing father after his own father died when he was 1 and his step father beat him is beyond me. I thank him for it.
To my Husband. Happy First Father's Day. He was the best birth coach I could ask for and supported me in my natural birth. He supports me and makes me a better person. More than that, he is a better Dad than I would've hoped for. He is always up for cuddle time when he gets home so Momma can get stuff done around the house. He changes diapers, gets her from the crib in the middle of the night, rocks her as she screams, anything for his little girl.

We all have men in our lives, some better than others. These are three that I amt thankful to have in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment