Example #1: I went to my best friend's wedding this weekend. She was of course everything a bride should be: Beautiful, Radiant, and Happy. And her husband....Oh he was so happy. I don't think there is a better part of a wedding then seeing the groom's goofy smile seeing his bride walk down the aisle. And he had it. The big goofy grin. It reminded me of the tears in Dan's eyes as he took my hand that day. Love it.
Example #2: I have always grown up with outdoor dogs, living on a farm and all. And the last one we had was Charlie. Charlie was a total lover. But refused to go to the vet, or even in the car. He was a free spirit who loved to swim beside you in the lake. My dad got Annie as a hunting dog. Before we got her she was very abused from training. She still has her tail between her legs. But she is a lover too. Accidentally, they had offspring. My dog Molly is one of them :) Anyway, Charlie died of old age this year after a life of freedom and happiness. Yesterday, I noticed among the weeds where he is buried, there is a matted area right where Charlie is buried. Annie sleeps there at night now. She has never slept there before. What a testament of love. She misses her best friend, the father of her children, and her play buddy.
I loved to see these portraits of love and remember the love I have for my husband.
Oh Kara, I cried reading the story about Charlie and Annie. :(
ReplyDeletebeautiful. thanks for sharing! =)
ReplyDeleteAwwwww
ReplyDelete