Monday, October 25, 2010

Meet Me in Louisville

My miscarriage was one of my toughest darkest times. Out of that I am so grateful to have found the amazing strong women who have also suffered from Miscarriage or Pregnancy Loss. It seemed if I could talk to them about my hurt and maybe focus a little more on their hurt, I could get through it. I didn't have to explain to them that I didn't know why it happened, why my body failed me. I didn't have to explain why such an early loss or that I didn't do anything to cause this. Or that it just sucks and is not fair. My miscarriage has helped define who I am today and the friends I have met through such a low point in my life are some of my best friends.

We met on the internet and gradually, I have been able to meet with them in real life. And they are just as awesome in real life…and have some of the cutest babies I have ever seen.

This weekend I met up with two friends, Alice, whom I have already met several times and we have sooo much in common, and Jen, whom I had not yet met. We met in Louisville and went to the zoo and out to eat.

Jen's Daughter Kennedy is 7 ½ months old. Alice's Daughter Harper is 7 months old. And Kate is 6 ½ months old.



It was a great time to be with people who have been through what I have been through and we all have beautiful babies to show for it!

1 comment: