I got my first BFP. Dan was leaving for Waco and I took the test the morning he left so he would know. I couldn't believe I was actually pregnant. I told my parents later that day. I never thought I would lose a baby. It happened to other people...but not me.
Here a year later, I am pregnant again. I have learned so much since that BFP and my naivety is (unfortunately) all gone.
I still miss my first baby everyday. But because I know loss, I love this baby so much more. I am not by any means saying that I wouldn't have loved my first baby, but I appreciate the miracle of carrying a child so much more than I did before. I am truly grateful for every ache, kick, and discomfort.
I am sad for what could have been, but I am thrilled to be where I am today and get to meet my little girl in 10 weeks or less!
No comments:
Post a Comment