Tuesday, August 18, 2009

1st Appt

Just got back from my first appointment. The doctor gave me the feeling I wasn't really pregnant. I think that is just how she is though. Here is how it went:
Dr: You're Back!
Me: Yeah, I hope for longer this time.
Weird Pause...far too long
Dr: Yeah, I hope so too.

It was the general 1st appt.: Family history (couldn't they have looked that up from last time), freebie bag (still have my last one, not opening this one for awhile), Blood test ( and it is still sore)
She told me we were doing an early ultrasound and asked if I wanted it today. At first I was all for it, but then I thought about it. If I am not as far along as they are calculating, I would not see a heartbeat, knowing this, I would be stressed out. So instead, we are having the ultrasound in 2 weeks. Sept. 2, the day before my birthday. Please start your prayers now for a good ultrasound...no not good...GREAT! Then at the next appointment it will be heartbeat. I just want to get through that. That is where my journey stopped last time. At that point, this might see real.

2 comments:

  1. A great u/s would be a great bday present. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a poor attitude from the DR. Still you're pregnant and she can't take away you happiness.

    ReplyDelete