Monday, January 25, 2010

Miscarriage

All the hurt of my miscarriage was brought out last night...
My grandparents wanted to go out to eat with us and my niece Hannah since we have her for the week. After we went out to eat, they asked us if we wanted to go to their house and look at pictures and play cards. Right smack in the middle of a card game my grandma asks me if I have had a miscarriage (mind you, this is a step grandma. It is the only grandma that I have ever known but none the less). She said that she had heard that from people in town and surely I would have told them if I had and she was going to have to set them straight. My niece does not know about my miscarriage. When we were leaving, I hung behind and told them that I had in fact had a miscarriage and we didn't tell anyone because it was so early and Hannah does not know. This pisses me off terribly for 2 reasons.
1) If I had wanted my grandparents to know, wouldn't I have, in fact, told them? Obviously, that is my private business and not for her to pry into. She has two daughters of her own, whom which she keeps nothing from. She can be a bit gossipy and it just really pisses me off that she asked me and didn't even try to do it discreetly in any way. I was mortified.

2) She said two people had told her (did not name names). So who told her??!?!? I know my parents wouldn't have. And Dan's mom wouldn't have. Other than that, there is only a select few who know about my miscarriage, most that I can rule out immediately. It hurts me that people who I consider my friends and confidantes have told other people about my personal life. I know that there are some people that talk openly about their miscarriage, and seriously, more power to them. But for us it is a personal pain. To me, this is just further proof that people don't know the true hurt of a miscarriage when they are willing to gossip around town about it. And that is precisely why I didn't tell people about it. Plus, overall I am a private person. I know I live in a small town, but geez have some respect. It really really hurts me that someone I told in confidence did not have enough respect for me, my husband, and our baby to tell others about my experience.

It just opened the wounds all over again. And I have to get it out somewhere. That was last night and it still hurts. And I don't know what to do about it. I leave this blog open to some IRL friends, but I don't know how much longer I can share my personal feelings with those that are "too close". This Sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment