Why did she have to go
So young I just don't know why
Things happen half the time
Without reason without rhyme
Lovely, sweet young woman
Daughter, wife and mother
Makes no sense to me
I just have to believe
She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees
And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting
And I know she's smiling saying
Don't worry 'bout me
So young I just don't know why
Things happen half the time
Without reason without rhyme
Lovely, sweet young woman
Daughter, wife and mother
Makes no sense to me
I just have to believe
She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels
By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees
And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting
And I know she's smiling saying
Don't worry 'bout me
This song remind me of my sister. She was 20 years my senior. Sure, she was my half sister if you want to get technical, but we never were technical about that sort of thing. She died when I was in 8th grade in year 2000. I was devastated. My innocence on life was over forever.
Worse than that though, she had two girls who were young when she died. One, Allie, is now 16 and lives with her dad. She is spoiled rotten and drives a brand new BMW convertible. The other, Hannah, is 11 and lives with my parents. She is a very easy kid to raise. Well, when this song came on last night, I thought of the girls. Hannah was sitting right next to me. She doesn't have a parent on this earth, but she has us. My mom and I are good pseudo-moms and she doesn't know the difference nor do we ever skip a beat with her.
However, my other neice Allie lives with her dad and uncle. She has no pseudo-mom and we have never been close. She always thought she was my age and it got on my nerves. However, she has been working at the Banquet Hall and things are better now. I took her to go prom dress shopping. Well, cutting to the chase. Prom is this Saturday. Her dad is going to Las Vegas to golf in a charity golf tournement that he has participated in every year. Allie has no one to watch her at Grand March. She has no one to take her picture. Sure, her friend's parents would do it and so would her boyfriend's dad. But she has no one that is there for her.
I texted her and I am taking Hannah to Grand March and we also are meeting her at the park to take her picture. I just hope that she can have a normal prom.
I cry over the fact that they don't have a mom. No one to fuss over their wedding dress. To cry when they try on the perfect one. To bawl when they leave for college.
I hope that I can help fill some of the enormous void that they must feel during these occasions.
Your nieces are very lucky to have you for an Aunt.
ReplyDelete